The Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) and the Aboriginal Sport Circle (ASC) view coaches as a cornerstone of community sport and recreation development. Their role as agents of social change is important because their expert guidance can have a direct and lasting impact on the healthy and active lifestyles of community members, specifically youth. Because of the important roles Aboriginal coaches play, the CAC and the ASC have made it a priority to educate and promote the value of certification and to establish meaningful participation of Aboriginal peoples in the NCCP. The Aboriginal Coaching Program contains culturally relevant materials meant to engage Aboriginal coaches and empower them to make a positive, long-lasting impact in their communities.
An Investors Group Community Coaching NCCP Workshop:
- Targets coaches as the primary audience
- Is an NCCP approved sport-specific workshop or event led by an accredited NCCP Learning Facilitator or Evaluator
- Has a participation ratio of 5-30 participants per Learning Facilitator
- Recognizes Investors Group and CAC as sponsors
- Is eligible for funding up to $500 (upon receipt of a post workshop report)
To apply for this grant, please complete both the Application and Budget forms below. Submit the completed forms to email@example.com