In a study published in 2015, 73% of participants consider sport unsafe for LGBTQI2S persons.
It is imperative that Albertans create an environment that is safe and welcoming for all, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. To do this, information must be provided to coaches, athletes, and volunteers on how to create an environment for those who identify with the LGBTQI2S community.
ViaSPORT, the British Columbian non-profit’s purpose is to transform and scale the impact of sport in British Columbia. By clicking here you could be provided with information on
- LGBTQI2S Policy Readiness Checklist
- Adopting Inclusive Policy Language
- Trans Athlete Inclusion Guidelines
- Creating Inclusive Environments
- Collecting Gender Identity Information